Amazing update

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Amazing update

Postby dunsurfin » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:00

Just a vote of thanks.
I've taken to leaving my laptop at my mother's as her eyesight is so poor it's the only way for her to see photographs. Last weekend I decided to bring it back for updating after several months (she has no internet connection and 3g doesn't work well in the wilds of North Northumberland).
Plugged in and there were >550 updates! Apart from a masked package problem that I dealt with at the beginning, the process was flawless. I just left it to it's own devices and ended up with a fully up to date SL7 x86 K. :)
Thank you.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Re: Amazing update

Postby sabyano » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:09

I'm also amazed by the capabilities of Sabayon for updating and upgrading.
I haven't been able to burn SL7 in a good CD because I hadn't. Tried a a couple of times and the cds didn't boot, bad for the cds. But I have a cd with SL 5.4 -k. 2.6.35- from a magazine. So I installed 5.4 on my laptop (double boot with crunchbang). Before doing the updates that magneto showed me, I went to the wiki and followed the instructions, starting by re-installing entropy, equo and sulfur previous upgrade of the system. It took 7 or 8 hours to be done all the upgrade plus checking the health of the upgraded system. Now I have a healthy SL7 Gnome with kernel 3.1. :cheers:
I want to add that I have few experience with Linux and I did everything following the instructions in the wiki.
sabyano
Baby Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers