Vuze gui not displaying properly [Solved]

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Vuze gui not displaying properly [Solved]

Postby DanneStrat » Sun Nov 06, 2011 13:15

Hi.

I've installed vuze bittorrent client with equo and I've got java installed and all the necessary dependencies.
When I launch vuze, the left main menu doesn't show up properly. The menu items in the left menu only appear when you hover them with the mouse. Also the vuze hd network does not show up when you select it in the menu and searching does not work. It's hard to explain so I've done a small video of the problem here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15638108/vuze.ogv

It most likely has something to do with java, but I don't want to mess with the java install if it's not absolutely necessary.
Anyone else having these problems and if so, how did you fix it?
Last edited by DanneStrat on Wed Nov 09, 2011 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
DanneStrat
Young Hen

Re: Vuze gui not displaying properly

Postby res0r9lm2 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 16:06

It looks like some sort of font problem. Have you tried Qbittorrent before? Doesn't have Vuze HD network but I like it. Very similar to utorrent in features
res0r9lm2
Simple Hen

Postby DanneStrat » Sun Nov 06, 2011 17:33

res0r9lm2 wrote:Have you tried Qbittorrent before?

I've used that one before on all my other distros, but I really like vuze so I hope to find a fix.

res0r9lm2 wrote:It looks like some sort of font problem.

Yeah, that's another possibility.

EDIT: I just launched vuze from the terminal and there was in fact an error:

WARNING: already added UIUpdatable [email protected]

I had a look at a vuze log I generated and the same error was in there.

Here is the output from vuze when running from terminal:
Code: Select all
vuze
using /home/daniel/.azureus/gentoo.config
$UI not set defaulting to swt
file:/usr/share/json-simple/lib/json-simple.jar ; file:/usr/share/bcprov-1.3/lib/bcprov.jar ; file:/usr/share/log4j/lib/log4j.jar ; file:/usr/share/vuze/lib/Azureus2.jar ; file:/usr/share/swt-3.6/lib/swt.jar ; file:/usr/share/commons-cli-1/lib/commons-cli.jar ; file:/home/daniel/
UIFunctions/ImageLoad took 25ms
new shell took 100ms
new shell setup took 50ms
skin init took 100ms
MainMenu init took 51ms
pre skin widgets init took 25ms
WARNING: already added UIUpdatable [email protected]
skin widgets (1/2) init took 100ms
skin widgets (2/2) init took 75ms
pre SWTInstance init took 0ms
Init Core Columns took 50ms
SWTInstance init took 0ms
shell.layout took 25ms
---------SHOWN AT 1320610276678;1413ms
---------DONE DISPATCH AT 1320610277355;2090ms
---------READY AT 1320610277380;2115ms
shell.open took 728ms
processStartupDMS took 0ms
vuzeactivities init took 0ms
Locale Initializing took 0ms
23989:    Core: 50ms for activity between 'Läser in plugin:aefeatman_v' and 'Läser in torrents'
23991:    Core: 25ms for activity between 'Läser in torrents' and 'Initialiserar global torrentmanager'
24033:    Core: 25ms for activity between 'Läser in plugin:azrating' and 'Läser in plugin:azplugins'
24055:    Core: 25ms for activity between 'Läser in plugin:azplugins' and 'Läser in plugin:azupnpav'
24068:    Core: 25ms for activity between 'Läser in plugin:azupnpav' and 'Läser in plugin:Start/Stop Rules'
24097:    Core: 25ms for activity between 'Läser in plugin:Plugin Update Checker' and 'Läser in plugin:UPnP'
24118:    Core: 26ms for activity between 'Läser in plugin:DHT Tracker' and 'Läser in plugin:Magnet URI Handler'
24151:    Core: 25ms for activity between 'Läser in plugin:Buddy' and 'Läser in plugin:RSS'
24226:    Core: 75ms for activity between 'Läser in plugin:RSS' and 'Initialiserar plugin:  Vuze Feature Manager'
24226:    Core: 75ms for activity between 'Läser in plugin:RSS' and 'Initialiserar plugin:  Measurement Lab (M-Lab)'
24254:    Core: 25ms for activity between 'Initialiserar plugin:  Measurement Lab (M-Lab)' and 'Initialiserar plugin:  Azureus Update Support'
24293:    Core: 52ms for activity between 'Initialiserar plugin:  UPnP Media Server' and 'Initialiserar plugin:  Start/Stop Rules'
24324:    Core: 25ms for activity between 'Initialiserar plugin:  Distributed DB' and 'Initialiserar plugin:  Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)'
24343:    Core: 25ms for activity between 'Initialiserar plugin:  External Seed' and 'Initialiserar plugin:  LAN Peer Finder'
Core Initializing took 478ms
core.stop
core.stop done in 2857

I also tried deleting all the files under "/home/username/.azureus" to let vuze regenerate them but the problem is still there.
DanneStrat
Young Hen

Postby DanneStrat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 14:33

I now have the answer for this. When you install vuze with equo, if you follow the output shown, you'll see a message about a package compiled without "xulrunner" support and without this, vuze hd network and a couple of other features will not work. The solution is to recompile that package with "xulrunner" support.

Thread solved.
DanneStrat
Young Hen

Return to Software in General