The dreaded "repository does not exist online"/ipv6 issue

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

The dreaded "repository does not exist online"/ipv6 issue

Postby greyghost » Mon Nov 07, 2011 16:10

Hi all,

For some months now I have the problem that I cannot get "equo update" running on freshly installed or updated systems. They all complain about "repository does not exist online". This is pretty much the problem that has also been reported in the thread 'Equo can not update "database does not exist online"' by various people (including me). However, in my case switching off ipv6 kernel support does not help. I tried using different dns server, switched from dhcp to static ip and tried various other things, without any success.
I have just freshly installed Sabayon 7 CoreCDX on a machine, and I cannot get any packages installed because "equo update --force" fails. Is there something I can do to get around this bug? What else information is needed to pin it down and fix it?

cu
Gerrit
greyghost
Baby Hen

Re: The dreaded "repository does not exist online"/ipv6 issu

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 0:15

I've had similar problems in the past with accessing Entropy repositories (amongst other sites). Have a look at my articles Why can’t I access a specific Web site? and Cannot browse some Web sites: yet another cause just in case either is of help.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: The dreaded "repository does not exist online"/ipv6 issu

Postby greyghost » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:46

I have no WLAN connection here and can use wget to access the sites just fine. Just equo/python appears to be broken. However, I tried this hint of yours:

echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_mtu_probing

And now it magically works. I don't understand this at all at this point and will do some more research to find out more about this "black hole router" thingie... Definitely thanks for the hint!
greyghost
Baby Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers