Autostart of command on system loading [Solved]

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Autostart of command on system loading [Solved]

Postby andriy85if » Sat Nov 05, 2011 22:54

After loading of Sabayon the screen is dark at once (brightness is minimal). Looks like a problem in interaction of new core with my videocard and it's in all distributives. Decision of the problem: describe on start script setpci -s F4.B='percent value' I did the same with other distributives installed on this lap-top. Now Sabayon is installed and I'm seeking how to do it here. I found that in Gentoo and Sabayon the file /etc/conf.d/local.start needs to be created. Did it and wrote my command there... but there's no result... still dark screen. What am I doing wrong?
andriy85if
Baby Hen

Re: Autostart of command on system loading

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 20:15

OpenRC 0.8.0 and later in Gentoo and Sabayon Linux no longer use the file /etc/conf.d/local but instead require the commands to be put in files in the directory /etc/local.d/. So you need to create a file in the directory /etc/local.d/ which has the suffix ".start". For example you could chose a file name such as /etc/local.d/01brightness.start and put in it the following lines:

Code: Select all
# Automatically adjust the brightness of my video card
<put here the command that you need to use to change the brightness>

and make the file executable:

Code: Select all
chmod +x /etc/local.d/01brightness.start

The editing of the file, and the above command to make it executable, should of course be done by the root user.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Autostart of command on system loading

Postby andriy85if » Mon Nov 07, 2011 22:33

Thank you! It works!
andriy85if
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware