Endless loop on fetch: timeout, retrying on this mirror

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Endless loop on fetch: timeout, retrying on this mirror

Postby wotan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 18:10

I do not know if this is related to running Sabayon inside virtualbox or not, though I can't see how it would be (and the problem happens when using Bridged or NAT networking). When attempting to download some packages, either from equo or sulfur, some packages on some mirrors never finish downloading. They will get to somewhere >97% completion and the download stalls, eventually returning the message "timeout, retrying on this mirror." Currently, this is happening on attempting to download the current version of firefox from mirror.umoss.org. (Note the problem is not limited to firefox nor to umoss, that just happens to be what I am doing right now as I type this). This just seems to loop indefinitely, never moving on to another mirror. At least in sulfur I can hit skip mirror and go on, but there seems to be nothing I can do in equo. Is there something I can configure to give a maximum retry count for mirrors when there is a timeout? I have looked in the entropy configuration files and nothing jumps out at me.
wotan
Baby Hen

Re: Endless loop on fetch: timeout, retrying on this mirror

Postby houndhen » Thu Nov 03, 2011 21:00

Did you ever get an answer? I am getting an error message about mirror timing out. I am wondering if there is a place to change the timeout setting?

thanks,
Harold
houndhen
Young Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers