My Switch From Fedora to Sabayon

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

My Switch From Fedora to Sabayon

Postby xjonquilx » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:53

I was using the Fedora 16 beta because it was more bleeding edge than 15, but it was full of bugs. I moved to Sabayon partially because of this (I wanted something bleeding edge but a little more stable). Another reason I switched to Sabayon is because it's so much faster than Fedora. Finally, I switched because Sabayon contained a lot of the software I already use out of the box. Quite simply it's the most convenient distribution for me. :)
xjonquilx
Simple Hen

Re: My Switch From Fedora to Sabayon

Postby raman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:40

Welcome in SABAYON World! :)
raman
Advanced Hen

Postby ksum » Sun Oct 30, 2011 16:51

xjonquilx: Welcome to sabayon. I have recently come back to sabayon for their gnome3 implementation and so far, it is the best one out there.
ksum
Baby Hen

Postby DanneStrat » Mon Oct 31, 2011 0:50

Hi xjonquilx and welcome :)

xjonquilx wrote:Finally, I switched because Sabayon contained a lot of the software I already use out of the box. Quite simply it's the most convenient distribution for me. :)

I have similar thoughts of sabayon. I was looking for a "bleeding edge" distro with a true "rolling" release schedule. Sabayon provides a great selection of software out of the box, entropy brings binary packages and you can still use portage if you wish.
Last edited by DanneStrat on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:07, edited 2 times in total.
DanneStrat
Young Hen

Postby res0r9lm2 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:32

ksum wrote:xjonquilx: Welcome to sabayon. I have recently come back to sabayon for their gnome3 implementation and so far, it is the best one out there.

:lol: You can polish a turd but its still a turd
res0r9lm2
Simple Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion