Sabayon 7 Gnome- NVIDIA

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Sabayon 7 Gnome- NVIDIA

Postby pherynk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 17:56

After installing gnome-shell-extensions there is impossible to boot. I had to add KDE.
pherynk
Growing Hen

Re: Sabayon 7 Gnome- NVIDIA

Postby korvinus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 21:49

Depending on where you got the extensions some are not compatible with 3.2 and will cause the system to lock on start-up as the worst I've seen.

Some extensions and themes only work with 3.0 and because of API changes in 3.2 they are not compatible. To fix it (aslong as you used sulpher) would be to uninstall them using "equo remove <the shell extensions you installed>". Or if you prefer to do it manually, you can look in /home/<username>/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions and remove the directorys.

Also you can check /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions (default for the shell extensions that are systemwide) these will have to be deleted with the "root" user account though.

The extensions that i can say do not cause issues (if they are the 3.2 ones) are the one from Entropy (I run them with a 9500GT nvidia on proprietary drivers).

Hope this helps a little.
korvinus
Baby Hen

Postby pherynk » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53

Thank you for your replay. I have used mentioned extensions for sulfur repo only. Even I unistalled them, I couldnt boot into gnome environment. I reinstalled distro, added extensions once more but not opened them in gnome-tweak-tool. It means that I do not use them. After uninstalling them by sulfur I couldnt boot into gnome.
pherynk
Growing Hen

Postby pherynk » Tue Oct 18, 2011 20:31

I identify this problem is due to uncompatible extensions, alternate status menu and alternate tab. I recommend authors of sabayon correct this extensions or remove them. Extensions dock is unfunctioned.
pherynk
Growing Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers