Youtube and video-sound gone [Solved]

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Youtube and video-sound gone [Solved]

Postby gamjaevel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 19:50

As topic describes. After recent updates my sound in chromium is gone. I do not recieve any error messages, so I assume it's more muted than broken. I really have no idea where to search for the error or how to localize it and adjust it myself.

All I know is that it's trying to stream it through ALSA, and alsamixer shows nothing about that kind of audiosettings,

The system sound is working fine.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by gamjaevel on Tue Oct 18, 2011 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
gamjaevel
Simple Hen

Re: Youtube and video-sound gone

Postby joost » Tue Oct 18, 2011 20:08

Tried to reboot?
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby gamjaevel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 20:12

Hehe, yeah :> That has been done. alsaconf didn't change anything either. I'm kinda clueless
gamjaevel
Simple Hen

Postby gamjaevel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 20:46

Managed to solve this problem by looking into some other volumecontrol-application, found out that the device was switched to HDMI-yadayada card instead of the HDA Intel Card :>

Thanks for the answer, would have been hilarious if that was the missing piece ;)
gamjaevel
Simple Hen

Re: [Solved] Youtube and video-sound gone

Postby joost » Tue Oct 18, 2011 21:00

It can be confusing so I can understand the question.

Many people by default blame pulseaudio without even looking and start doing v00d00 to their system that in a later stage would make things even worse to correct.

The most common thing I run into myself is ONLY with a PC with a ATI videocard installed that has some sound output capabilities. For some reason pulseaudio prefers that over my internal motherboard audio. I had to do the same thing as you did. In my case I disabled it.
joost
Sagely Hen

Return to Hardware