Sabayon Linux 7 GNOME, KDE and Xfce

This is the place where you can find all the Sabayon Linux Press Releases
korvinus
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon Linux 7 GNOME, KDE and Xfce

Post by korvinus » Wed Oct 12, 2011 15:12

Well last i tried Sabayon was a long time ago... Been watching as it's improved with every release, tried 6 and had problems with the USB stick (Unetbootin issues).

Went to Chakra on my laptop and left Ubuntu on my Desktop, then i read about 7 being released, downloaded the iso put it on my USB stick and after a real long time deciding (around oh 3>5 secs or so!) switched the desktop to Sabayon.

Great release and a job very well done indeed, looking forward to the future!

Oh Gnome Shell 3.2 install (Love the new shell). Everything working great, waiting till i can break something :D

msdobrescu
Old Dear Hen

Post by msdobrescu » Wed Oct 12, 2011 15:44

korvinus wrote:[...] tried 6 and had problems with the USB stick (Unetbootin issues). [...]
Weird. I have installed 6 K using such USB stick and worked fine for me (my dvd writer was broken at that time).

msdobrescu
Old Dear Hen

Post by msdobrescu » Wed Oct 12, 2011 15:47

korvinus wrote: [...] Went to Chakra on my laptop and left Ubuntu on my Desktop, then i read about 7 being released, downloaded the iso put it on my USB stick and after a real long time deciding (around oh 3>5 secs or so!) switched the desktop to Sabayon. [...]
Don't hesitate to ask for help next time! Sabayon is definitely and obviously your choice.

pepe999
Advanced Hen

Post by pepe999 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 15:00

Hi,
I'll try the new Xfce if it looks like Gnome 2..:)

Richlion
Technological Hen

Post by Richlion » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:13

Great news !!! because the version 6 was not the same stable version we had before. Plugging in a USB stick results in system hang, KDE desktop effects have to be turned off because it's flashing and crappy (lots of non-working KDE nonsense as usual), desktop icons disappearing, setup of WIFi connection never was so utterly rubish, never worked the first time I set it up, took me 30 minutes to get it working - also KDE nonsense, changes that were probably not tested like they should have been. I hope those minor issues are well tested and fixed in SL7.

Greate work otherwise Sabayon teams, THANKS