Install older version of package? [Solved]

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Install older version of package? [Solved]

Postby Sperlock » Sat Sep 10, 2011 16:27

Is there a way to install an older version of a package through equo? I'm finding Flash 11 unstable, freezing Firefox and sometimes crashing. I'm not finding the older version of Flash in the packages, however.
Last edited by Sperlock on Sun Sep 11, 2011 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
Sperlock
Baby Hen

Re: Install older version of package?

Postby anonimo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 21:00

For flash player is simple. I had the same problem and I resolve it. You have to download tar.gz package of flash player from adobe official site. Then open it, and you can see that internal files are divided in their appropriate directory. So you have to move this files in appropriate dir (from /usr to /usr, from /usr/bin to /usr/bin , etc.). Also libflashplyer.so, that is the only file without directory, you have to sostitute it to your older and no-working libflashplayer.so .
anonimo
Growing Hen

Postby Sperlock » Sat Sep 10, 2011 22:14

Thanks, anonimo. I assume from there that equo won't notice the difference, only updating when Sabayon pushes out a new version of Flash?
Sperlock
Baby Hen

Postby anonimo » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:55

Your reasoning is correct. If you don't like this solution that isn't orthodox, you can try to reinstall flash from entropy, if you have installed sabayon at least from precedent version of flash player and you have active sabayon-weekly repositories. In fact sabayon-weekly allows you to downdgrade packages if is it present in his cache. For the next times I suggest you to activate sabayon-weekly. Alternatively you can downgrade your packages from portage, but ,in this case, you have to advise by an expert, not me!!.
Bye
anonimo
Growing Hen

Postby Sperlock » Sun Sep 11, 2011 15:24

I don't feel that uncomfortable with the solution. Thanks for the tip about sabayon-weekly. While I worked with portage when I was on Gentoo, I would rather not mix methods. Thanks for the help!
Sperlock
Baby Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers