e17 no module called conf_

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

e17 no module called conf_

Postby angelus_ira » Thu Sep 01, 2011 0:20

Well, yesterday i made a fresh install of Sabayon 6 e17 (64 bits) (yes, i read that it is unstable) and it is something nice to see. A flexible and light desktop. But, after i made the second update (first one was entropy), reboot and login i started to get a lot of:
no module called conf_(module_name)
or
no module called everything-(module name)

Here is an example of the error:
Error loading Module
There was an error loading module named: everything-settings
No module named everything-settings/linux-gnu-x86_64-ver-pre-svn-08/module.so could be found in the module search directories
Would you like to unload this module

Yes No

The complete list of the modules i get this error are:
the ones who start with conf_
Code: Select all
scale
engine
winlist
window_focus
window_display
wallpaper
transitions
startup
screensaver
profiles
mouse_cursor
mousebindings
mouse
mime
imc
icon_theme
fonts
dpms
desks
desklock
desk
colors
clientlist
borders

The ones who start with everything-
Code: Select all
files
apps
calc
aspell
settings

The origin of this i supose it is the same that people from the distro Bodhi are geting. There was a merge on the config of enlightenment and this cause that the original profile for the desktop on sabayon 6 e17 do not work.

Discussion on the Bodhi forum about this:
http://www.bodhilinux.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1220-missing-modules-after-may-10-e-upgrade/
http://www.bodhilinux.com/forums/index.php?/topic/956-0405-updates-and-warning-messages/
http://www.bodhilinux.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1280-error-loading-module/

What this problem cause:
You get the annoying messages of the module error. Just say yes to all (not load the modules) and you could use your distro without problems.
You loose the previus config of the desktop. The wallpaper change and the shorcuts to the terminal and Leafpad on the gadget inside the shelf botton disapear. I think that there are other loose config. But well that is all. You could make your profile again or fix the current profile.

I know that a lot of people make his own desktop configuration, but if you just install and update the distro and start to get those errors you start to dislike things. I do not know if you make fix to the cd, but i cannot find info about this bug on the forum.

Sorry for the long post, i hope that this help somebody.
angelus_ira
Baby Hen

Re: e17 no module called conf_

Postby joost » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:43

We made a new snapshot for E17.

Remember that upstream E actually did not release enlightenment at all. So if you desire to use it, live with the messages that occur. :D

I fixed it in skel, but I can never fix it in your home directory.
http://gitweb.sabayon.org/?p=skel.git;a ... 6604f8b371
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby angelus_ira » Thu Sep 01, 2011 15:41

No problem, i just wanted to report the bug. I know what i am going to get for using something unstable. But it is pretty nice looking XD.
One question, how i use your fix (or how i get the files) from entropy there are no updates (that it is what says).
I have to download the files or there is another way.

Thanks for taking my comment into consideration.
angelus_ira
Baby Hen

Postby joost » Thu Sep 01, 2011 16:03

My change has not been packaged yet. (sabayon-skel)

The sabayon-skel holds all the defaults that get copied to a users homedir once the user is created, e.g. after installation.
Once my changes are packaged and pushed out in the next sabayon-skel version, those changes will be installed in /etc/skel

So you can, in a near future, copy things from there to your homedir if you really wanted to.
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby angelus_ira » Thu Sep 01, 2011 16:26

Thanks, i will make my own desktop for now, but it was to get some menus and shorcuts i cannot find.

Keep up the good work

(I am showing the distro to my friends so maybe one of the install Sabayon :D )
Edit: I have already get the files from the git and now everything is back 8)
angelus_ira
Baby Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers