Out of the box 3.2

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Out of the box 3.2

Postby joost » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:30

My 2nd topic about this subject.

* I was astonished to see the liveDVD running perfectly, including Beryl. So didn't need to set res=XxY refresh=75 to get it started, great job on that!

* Also, the installer wrote my network card settings correctly for my static eth0 card. But if it comes to the network, after installing i had to click on an icon to activate the "wired" network. By default it was deactivated!!! Now, when you Quit that icon, and close it, the only way to get it up is through net-setup eyh0, there is no way to do it through the GUI?

Code: Select all
How do i activate my eth0 at boot? I mentioned before this Gnome application http://upload4.postimage.org/1671347/photo_hosting.html , which can do that job. Maybe there is a KDE equivalent?

* I also want to note that starting KDE at first boot, takes ages! It would take about 15 minutes for everything to load, i can imagine that people would think something is very wrong, because it looks like the system hangs. Got this on 2 different computers. (Maybe this gotta do with no network being active at this time?)

* After closing Abiword, we get a nice Bug-report window.

* The acceleration-manager is a great tool, but if you want to change, the application should make clear to the user, it needs to restartX/Reboot for changes to take effect. (idea?)

* Love the KDE-Menu (personal)

Overall: i'm very very happy~
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby cvill64 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:34

hmm...need to implement a prompt for user to restart X like kde does when you change something with the screen or like nvidia-settings, so we'll see
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby lxnay » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:00

KNetworkManager should tell NetworkManager which NICs can be enabled at boot.
Anyway, we'll see an even more tighter integration in the near future.
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion