Entropy Updates, Help Please.

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Entropy Updates, Help Please.

Postby calden » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:06

Hello,

First time using Sabayon, I've been a Debian user for years now. Anyway so for I like what I see but I just can't seem to get a hang of these repositories. When I click on update in Entropy it seems to default to http://pkg.sabayon.org which is fine but it only downloads at 100kbs or so. So I try clicking Skip mirror only to do what the button suggests, it skips mirrors, albeit all of them. Am I missing something here. I tried sorting the repositories by ping as suggested by someone else in the forum but that doesn't do anything if the repositories are empty. Any help is appreciated. I mean I usually do my updates at night via a crontab so the speed isn't a issue but I just installed this thing and I would like to download some programs. I really don't want to make an all day thing out of it.

Thanks....
calden
Baby Hen

Re: Entropy Updates, Help Please.

Postby calden » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:11

Oh Yea, one more thing if it helps. I live in Switzerland hence my bad English.
calden
Baby Hen

Postby calden » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:40

Solved, kind of. Running "equo update" on the command line seems to be the trick. I should have known, never use a gui to update anything. Just like Debian always use "apt-get upgrade" on the command line. Sorry for the trouble.
calden
Baby Hen

Postby dunsurfin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 15:05

/etc/entropy/repositories.conf is a good place to sort out your repositories manually (I generally find that the .nl mirrors give me the best performance). One thing to be aware of though is that the mirrors are tried in reverse order so you need to have your favourite at the bottom of the list.
Just one other pointer that I'm sure you already know; "equo update" just updates the repositories and you need "equo upgrade" to install the updates. :)
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby albfneto » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:14

for automatically sort, use the command given in:

http://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=24874

or choose the mirror nearest to you, and place it in the bottom of the file /etc/entropy/repositories.conf
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers