Desktops - Show Off Your Desktop

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Desktops - Show Off Your Desktop

Postby ksum » Mon Jul 04, 2011 16:06

Hello all; back to sabayon ver 6 G. Getting it set up. Work so far(dirty)

ksum
Baby Hen

Postby DarthLukan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 22:48

Sabayon 6 built from CoreCDX running Awesome-3.4.10 on a dual-head setup. Real Resolution is 3200x1080:

If you're on Google+, here is the original screenshot link:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-o6Dx ... _scrot.png
Sabayon Limbo | Awesome3.4 | AMD Phenom II X4 x86_64 | 8GB RAM |
1TB HDD | ATI Radeon HD6970x4

"In a world without walls, who needs Windows?"
"The program said that I needed to install Windows 2000 or better, so I installed Linux."
DarthLukan
Baby Hen

Postby batvink » Wed Aug 10, 2011 19:41

can't help it, but i love conky full screen, so here's another screenshot again.
This time:
Sabayon Linux 6,
conky full screen,
Compiz,
Kde 4.7.00,
kernel 3.0
Limbo repo

computer specs:
a simple Asustek motherboard.
AMD Athlon dual core 5000+
4Gb RAM
Sabayon Linux CoreCDX_X64 (of course)
3x SATA HDD, together: 2,5TB
NVidia Geforce 7300 GT 256MB RAM.

Completely no errors, the system is super healthy,
and this babe runs like Hell, as it never did before...

edit:
SHIT, i forgot to mask my IP adress.....
batvink
Old Dear Hen

Postby bartos » Sat Sep 03, 2011 0:21

New theme Gala with edits to gnome-shell.css.
Found theme here http://half-left.deviantart.com/gallery/26559426

bartos
Young Hen

Postby mythus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 13:39

Greetings,

Here's some screenshots of my steam powered.... err... sabayon powered KDE desktop!

Clear and lookin' pretty

Here you see my desktop doing nothing but just itching to be used. The only visible panel is the main panel on top, which houses the kickoff menu, a spacer, memory monitor plasmoid, cpu monitor plasmoid, network monitor plasmoid, didgital clock in Droid Sans font, and Customizable Weather plasmoid.

I can't remember where I got the wallpaper. Actually I just googled for steampunk backgrounds, and i found it. Surely you can as well? The plasmoid on the desktop is the fading calendar plasmoid.

Desktop theme is Product with the Product-Light color scheme. Oxygem-gtk is in use. Icon theme is the ever wonderful KFaenza theme.

Showing the Panels

In this screenshot I am showing my other two panels, which are set to autohide.

The panel on the left is my taskmanager panel. I have the smooth-tasks plasmoid and the activities plasmoid in it.

The bottom panel is my system panel. I have the desktop pager, view dashboard (which I am not using for anything yet but I reserve the right to use it in the future :P), systemtray, and a spacer.

BUSY!

This screenshot shows me working like a boss... or at least pretending to for the purpose of said screenshot! Noticable programs are Chrome, Libre Office, Kickoff, and Kopete.

Desktop Grid

This screenshot illustrates the zoomed out desktop grid. One of the things I liked about Gnome Shell was that it utulized a desktop grid like this (as does Unity), where you could move programs easily to different desktops and easily access and manage different desktops. The key difference in Gnome Shell is that it adds desktops as needed, where as KDE starts with a defined number (chosen by you), but includes a + and - button on the desktop grid to easily add or remove desktops. I find this later approach better because I almost always make use of 4 desktops to begin with.

I have the desktop grid set to a hot spot at the lower right corner (versus the upper left corner because I hate accessing the grid everytime I go to call my menu). Occasionally I have the desktops set as different activities, but I chose not to do so this time around. As you can tell, desktop 1 is my internet desktop, 2 is my work desktop, 3 is my music desktop, and 4 is my system desktop.

Another feature of Gnome Shell that I adopted for my KDE desktop was the bottom system bar. Having those notifications duck out of my way when I work helps me stay focused better. But I like KDE more than Gnome 3, because, well KDE is insanely more customizable, and if I get tired of one way, I can easily make a change!
Legends of Nor'Ova - Post appocalyptic steampunk-like forum and Legends of Nor'Ova Core Rule Book site
mythus
Baby Hen

Postby bitERROR » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:25

Sabayon 6 XFCE

13/09
Image Image

17/09
Image Image
bitERROR
Simple Hen

Postby bitERROR » Fri Sep 23, 2011 0:04

Few modifications in lxdm sabayon theme.

Edited /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf and replaced gtk_theme=Clearlooks with gtk_theme=Xfce-dusk and edited /usr/share/backgrounds/kgdm.jpg to get the 5:4 res (1280x1024) for avoiding deformation.

Original Sabayon default theme

bitERROR
Simple Hen

Postby bitERROR » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:47

I want to put a Sabayon logo in this wallpaper, any one knows what's the Font used in the Sabayon logo?

bitERROR
Simple Hen

Postby svantoviit » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:24

Install media-fonts/sabayon-fonts, it will pull all you need...
>> media-fonts/animal-tracks, media-fonts/asenine, media-fonts/cicle
svantoviit
Old Dear Hen

PreviousNext

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers