Pro-audio overlay with Entropy [Solved]

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Pro-audio overlay with Entropy [Solved]

Postby dhux » Sat Jun 11, 2011 0:50

I'm new to Sabayon and Gentoo, and I've been reading howto's, wikis, and forums to the point of making my head spin.

What I'm trying to do is install Wineasio, and it's not in Entropy. Is my best bet to file a request for it to be built or try to do it through the pro-audio overlay? I'm hoping to avoid breaking things, and at this point I would feel more comfortable using Entropy as opposed to Portage. I found a post in the hardware forum regarding Wineasio, but being nearly 3 years old I thought perhaps the instructions might not be exactly the same, and honestly I felt a bit over my head.

Is there a way that I can add the overlay and then have the packages show up with #equo search or sulfur and install them that way? I've gone so far as: adding pro-audio with layman, adding subversion (based on one of the forum searches), running equo rescue spmsync, adding eix & and seeing "app-emulation/wineasio" as the search result, emerging - my first result said that package was "masked by corruption," another attempt returned "'app-emulation/wineasio-0.9.0' is not a valid package atom.

Or perhaps there is another way to go about this whole venture? I figured it was time to ask for help.

Thanks in advance...
dhux
Last edited by dhux on Sat Jul 02, 2011 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
dhux
Baby Hen

Re: Pro-audio overlay with Entropy

Postby albfneto » Tue Jun 14, 2011 20:53

The Gentoo's overlays containing only ebuilds, and only works with portage, only works by compilation.

for suggest the package, this can be made in the "Bugs" site of Sabayon, Bugzilla, request package in:

http://bugs.sabayon.org/

However, you will may try to install it, using the "Gentoo manner"... it is not reccomended to begginers, due to risk of breakage, but if you want, try:

1) for joint use of portage and entropy, first you should edit this file:

Code: Select all
sudo gedit (or kwrite) /etc/entropy/client.conf

search in the file, when you see the session "ignore pseudo downgrades", in this session you change "disable" to "enable" and save the file.

2) updating all the sabayon and together, update both the Portage and Entropy trees. this is made with these commands.

sudo equo update
sudo equo install entropy equo sulfur
sudo equo upgrade (after this command, NO MORE update the client.conf file with equo conf update!)
sudo emerge --sync

3) You need to add and update the pro-audio overlay:

sudo layman -a pro-audio
sudo layman -S

4) Try to install the package:

emerge -s wineasio (IF FOUND the package, try)
emerge -p wineasio (see if have blocked, masked pachages and dependencies, if all good, install the package)
emerge -av wineasio

during this process, if emerge ask you to make "revedep-rebuild" command, NOT MAKE THIS, bu make:

sudo equo libtest
sudo equo deptest

5) After installed, carry out this command:

sudo equo rescue spmsync

6) For joint use od Portage and Entropy, not more change the client.conf file. the session "ignore pseudo downgrade" should remains "enabled", or your system will suggest "downgrade" of packages, as "newer" packages.

Resuming, Overlays not work in Entropy, only Works in Portage.
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Re: Pro-audio overlay with Entropy

Postby dhux » Sat Jul 02, 2011 20:30

Thanks for your answer.
dhux
Baby Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers