Purchased DVD 3.2 from recommended reseller....

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Purchased DVD 3.2 from recommended reseller....

Postby JTAL604622 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 20:03

I purchased the 3.2 dvd version from one of ther resellers and the image is bad..?

I use windows to burn dvds since my laptop only has the cdr/dvd option. Anyhow, nero says that the image is not correct, states only 2.7g? 3.1 was around 3.4 or so...Has anyone else downloaded it through the recommended resellers with any success? Only one of them has 3.2 dvd though...

I tried to redownload it and now the service (ftp) is saying that it cannot be read and wont allow me to save the image to my harddrive?
JTAL604622
Simple Hen

Postby wolfden » Thu Nov 23, 2006 20:05

You'll have to deal with the reseller to resolve your issue
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby kennylog » Thu Nov 23, 2006 20:15

maybe they are in the process of uploading the image to their servers?
kennylog
Growing Hen

Postby JTAL604622 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 20:22

possibly, i emailed them and will try again later. I would rather buy it and get you guys some cash for a great product. I will update you later with any responses.
JTAL604622
Simple Hen

Postby kennylog » Thu Nov 23, 2006 20:23

hope you get it soon :)
kennylog
Growing Hen

Postby lxnay » Thu Nov 23, 2006 20:50

don't worry, our official reseller are trustworthy people. So, they'll absolutely solve your problem. Thanks for the donation!

In these days we need some cash :P
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby JTAL604622 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 22:00

Tell ya what if there is any way someone could take my broadcom info from the other post and somehow get my wireless card to work id pay 25 dollars. My other wireless card light blinks but I can not get it to work either.....

Oh the joys of laptops.....Still better than windows..
JTAL604622
Simple Hen

Postby cvill64 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 23:58

I have a strong feeling its a bcm 43xx of some sort, if you search the forums a bit or the tutorial section, I have a feeling you can get it working ;)

and it probably won't light up :P Mine never has :P
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby barcode_linux » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:45

JTAL604622 wrote:Tell ya what if there is any way someone could take my broadcom info from the other post and somehow get my wireless card to work id pay 25 dollars. My other wireless card light blinks but I can not get it to work either.....

Oh the joys of laptops.....Still better than windows..
What card is it? does it work with ndiswrapper?
barcode_linux
Sharecropper

Donate Money, I Did!

Postby JimsBenz » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:31

You know guys/gals, the way we can get the things we wish for and a few extras is to send in the bucks (money) to Sabayon to help with the expenses of us getting a FREE O/S that works and looks good too.

Just go to PAYPAL as I have recently done and donate a few bucks. I know you enjoy the program, if you didn't you wouldn't be here trying to get more! The only way this site and program continues is that money comes in from somewhere to keep it going and no matter when, why or how to, this site will be up with smart people like you helping no so smart fellows like me.

I'm sure these guys can use the money to continue this project ( I'm sure to them, this is their LOVECHILD), so dig down and send a little cash so we can all continue to come back for more. I hope to be around for version 5.5, that's the version where you just think what you wish to do with Sabayon and it happens......

I'm just an old retired gent trying to learn something new and at the same time trying to promote Linux so that corporations like MicroHard and the sellout SuSH-T company, go quickly and LOUDLY out of the business. Maybe I shouldn't be saying that but it's not like the old MS with real people trying to teach real people, it's now a fool running a foolish business.

The only thing else I need say is go to PAYPAL and donate and we will all continue to say.. VIVA LaSabayon!!! Continue the great work you guys are doing !!!
JimsBenz
Baby Hen

Next

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion