Forum francophone ????

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Postby cvill64 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 21:02

Gerinald wrote:Hello, Wow, one will say that I opened a door which will be able to make its way; O)
If a forum French-speaking and created, I can make of it the advertizing via a forum very famous general practitioner (Quebecos), we are some to use there Sabayon.
@micalement
@+ Gerinald
Translated by Goggle

Looking into it. The mod would need to moderate AND look for potential wiki, art, and programming devs to help out that I would lose since I can't read french, so in essence, a scouter if you will :) I can read spanish and speak that just fine along with english but I don't want to lose any potential helpers just due to language!
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby Gerinald » Wed Nov 22, 2006 21:20

Hello,
It is comprehensible which that is likely to give more work.
Personally, I sufficiently gentoo did not connait to venture me on this way, the more so as I am an already administrator on a forum of distro Debian.
If the opening of the French-speaking forum poses problems to you, thing completely comprehensible, we could consider, with your blessing, of in created one in outside with your forum, but with complicity, therefore bond on the basis of one towards the other.
Yours sincerely
@+ Gerinald
Gerinald
Growing Hen

Postby cvill64 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 21:31

nah, I want to keep them all right here if possible, so I'll open it up very soon when I get a mod and feel free to use it! :)
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby Gerinald » Wed Nov 22, 2006 21:35

OK No problem

@+Gerinald
Gerinald
Growing Hen

Postby cvill64 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:09

yep, made the forums need to find a moderator real quick and we'll open them up :)
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby pxc » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:59

I speak a little French, and I was wondering: what are the ASCII codes (for using them on American keyboards) for the cedilla and various accented vowels?
pxc
Growing Hen

Postby turquoise » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:37

If what you want is only the ASCII table, I have one somewhere and I could send it to you once I find it.

If you feel a bit adventurous, try to install the french-canadian keyboard layout with the latin variant in KDE. The letters and the numbers are in the same place, so it'd easier for someone who uses an american keyboard. The accents are on the right side of the letters: é is right next to the Shift key and for the other accents and symbols, you press the accent/symbol key then the letter. ^ is next to p, ` is next to the colon/semi-colon, the cedilla is next to ^ and ¨ is the same key, but you need to press Shift at the same time. Oh yeah, and @ is ALT CAR +2 instead of Shift + 2.
turquoise
Old Dear Hen

Postby turquoise » Thu Nov 23, 2006 15:25

Pendant que nous attendons la nomination d'un modérateur, j'ai pensé qu'il serait bien de commencer à travailler sur l'adaptation de la documentation et des howtos. De cette façon, nous aurions de la documentation prête à être mise sur le forum le plus rapidement possible. Je n'ai pas de projet particulier en tête alors si vous pensez à quelque chose en particulier qui doit être traduit, ne vous gênez pas pour le demander! Si vous voulez vous y mettre aussi, vous êtes les bienvenus. :)

While we wait for the designation of a moderator, I was thiniking of going ahead and start working on some french adaptations of the documentation and the howtos. This way, we would have some documentation ready asap. I don't have any plan so if you want something in particular to be translated, feel free to ask! If you want to get started too, you're welcome to do so. :)
turquoise
Old Dear Hen

Postby Gerinald » Thu Nov 23, 2006 20:47

Hello, A you one an idea of the opening of the French-speaking forum??? I have more and more problem, difficult for me to correctly express me with the translations: O ((@micalement @+ Gerinald
Gerinald
Growing Hen

Postby lxnay » Thu Nov 23, 2006 20:56

please be patient. we're quite busy these days.
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

PreviousNext

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion