trying to get a sabayon cd

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Postby donpicoro » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:54

I live in Bogota, Colombia and I have a broadband connection at home and work so If anyone needs a sabayon CD or even a DVD just tell me. I am a physicist so don't think I got plenty of money but... everything to spread the Linux word.

I am a slackware fan but since I had trouble installing SLAMD64 on my laptop I became a sabayon FAN. But I must say I'm still waiting for the BIO/Science edition.
donpicoro
Young Hen

Postby cvill64 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:42

lol, its acoming, been focusing on making the core SL better before I do that, but I think 3.2 or 3.3 will be a release to base it off of, thanks for being patient ;)

To anybody, if you can supply dvds/cds in your area, post here :)
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby Goatee » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:21

With the 3.2 release i'll be giving the mini edtion to at least 2 maybe more.
Goatee
Sharecropper

Postby wolfden » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:29

Yes once 3.2 is out I will be able to help out also DVD and Mini. I'm located in the USA
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby turquoise » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:11

This is a great idea for those who can't download the CD/DVD!

I can send copies anywhere in Canada with no problem. I've already made the offer to some of my friends so one more or less wouldn't cause any trouble for me.
turquoise
Old Dear Hen

Postby wolfden » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:34

Alrighty than, so far we have the following people available that can help out with CDs and DVDs. Try to pick someone in your area and use the link to send them a private message. You will have to send them your request along with mailing address and possibly reimbursement for shipping. Do note this is only to be used if all other available options are not available to be used. We would like to see bittorrent usage as this is a great way to share and it does work with some patience.

turquoise - Canada
http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/privm ... ost&u=2139
wolfden - USA
http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/privm ... post&u=250
Goatee - UK
http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/privm ... post&u=571
donpicoro - Columbia
http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/privm ... ost&u=1687
tabrown72 - USA
http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/privm ... ost&u=1931

Anyone else that is willing please let me know and I will add you to the list. If you no longer want to be on the list, please let me know.
Last edited by wolfden on Tue Nov 21, 2006 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
wolfden
Sharecropper

My location

Postby tabrown72 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 14:52

I am located in Michigan, you know the hand state. look at your right hand facing toward you and I'm located between the last joint one the pinky and the middle joint on the ring finger approx, eh.. lol hey its low tech not even close to google earth.

I am very pleased to be a part of being able to bring Linux (more explicitly) Sabayon to the masses.
tabrown72
Simple Hen

Re: My location

Postby wolfden » Tue Nov 21, 2006 14:58

tabrown72 wrote:I am located in Michigan, you know the hand state. look at your right hand facing toward you and I'm located between the last joint one the pinky and the middle joint on the ring finger approx, eh.. lol hey its low tech not even close to google earth.

I am very pleased to be a part of being able to bring Linux (more explicitly) Sabayon to the masses.

Thanks!
wolfden
Sharecropper

Sabayon 3.2

Postby tabrown72 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 15:17

As soon as Sabayon 3.2 is available for purchase or d/l'ing I will be aquiring it and making it available to send out as well.

If anyone has the ability to get it to me as soon as it is released I would be very grateful and would reimberse you not only for the media but for your time and effort as well.

I just wish more I knew more Linux users who lived locally to myself, I yern for the chance to interact with others who share the same interest. I have begun a LUG in my area (C.A.L.U.A the Cadillac-Area-Linux-Users-Association) and am trying to get the word out, but it seems that fewer and fewer people are into the nuts and bolts of computers and technology and are just users.

I am reminising here but I remember back when I got one of my first computers a coco. I subscribed to the magazines typed in pages upon pages of BASIC code just to see a ball roll arounfd the screen, lol, my mom almost killed me when I opened it up the first day I got it just to see what was inside. Oh the amount of soldering I did to that thing, it ended up looking like something out of a bad sci-fi movie.

lol, anyway for me Linux and communities such as this brings back those feelings of discovery and involvement that just isn't represented in other areas of computing any longer.
tabrown72
Simple Hen

Previous

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion