Kernel update lost the pretty Sabayon splash screen

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Kernel update lost the pretty Sabayon splash screen

Postby swift » Mon Nov 20, 2006 19:17

Hi,

Love Sabayon linux! I just updated my kernel, though, and I've lost some of the neat Sabayon console customization. It still shows the screen with the various icons at the bottom during init, but the screen before that that says "setting up initial boot environment" or something along those lines is gone, and when i switch to virtual terminals now, they're just regular linux vt's without the nice theme that Sabayon gave them. Everything else seems to be fine, but I was wondering how I can get the Sabayon customizations back with my new kernel? I really liked them!
swift
Baby Hen

Postby cvill64 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 22:29

just

# emerge sabayonlinux-artwork

then when you recompile, follow the howto in the tutorial, you'll notice a genkernel flag for gensplash ;)
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby swift » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:07

That worked great. I still had a problem with the little linux penguin logo showing for a few seconds, while the error message "ibm_acpi: ec object not found" showed; then the normal "Setting up initial boot environment" screen would show up and the system would start as normal. I fixed this by removing the ibm_acpi module from the kernel. I think there is one other message that is still showing before the "Setting up initial boot environment" screen, but it shows up so briefly that it doesn't seem worth fixing. Thanks for your help!
swift
Baby Hen

Postby cvill64 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:19

don't worry about that ibm apci error
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion