Second hd external Partitioning ?

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Second hd external Partitioning ?

Postby DeadPenguin » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:50

My pc has two 250gb SATA drives. One is internal the other is in an enclosure and connected via esata. (can be connected via usb also.)

I would like to use my 2nd Sata drive for all of my media.
I would like to be able to move this drive around. Is there anything I should pay attention to in the partitioning process?

I would partition sda as normal (whatever the default for SL is) and make sdb one 234gb partition.

Thanks.
Blair
DeadPenguin
Simple Hen

Postby cvill64 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:38

I would suggest just formatting it as fat32 then to move it around to different computers and then don't have the computer automount it, just use kde to mount it when necessary to read/write to it
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby cornolio » Mon Nov 20, 2006 17:01

as much i remember windows sometimes had problems with fat32 patitions that were larger than 32gb - it doesn't mean that you can not do it.

my personal choice is ext2 and having usb stick in my pocket with ext2ifs on it for windows or to have a small the same fat32 patition with stuff you might need.
cornolio
Simple Hen

Postby DeadPenguin » Mon Nov 20, 2006 22:28

I just want to use it for storage and moving 20+gig files around.
Fat 32 should work. Thank you. I am trying to migrate everything to linux so I am not going to worry if win can read from the drive.(but, thank you for the heads up.)

Regards,
Blair
DeadPenguin
Simple Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion