No! Get rid of them.
24%

Total votes : 25

Postby cvill64 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 22:43

quake4 that's included is a demo version only
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby johnnyhay » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:11

So the Quake 4 demo wasn't installed because it's a demo?
johnnyhay
Technological Hen

Naw.

Postby Darksurf » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:43

Don't really need or use them. I wish we had pingus though. Pingus is kinda addiciting. I first played it on ice pack linux. Some not very well known distro. Good for a beginner, but I was no beginner. I just really liked the game and the hardware detection it had. This was some time ago when I used it. About 3 years.
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby joost » Sun Nov 19, 2006 14:28

Ofcourse we should support games, and encourage people to check them out on the linux platform.

:wink:
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby random guy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 17:49

i dont game a lot but hen i do i really want a good game to sit with. you would want to have a good time too if you only had time to play like once every month or two.

but the "best linux games" are not so great which really disapoints me. for example someone here said that wesnoth was voted best linux game, well it is ok but there are sega genisis roms that are similar and much better. and for some reason other sites always rank frozen bubble as an amazing game but it really is kinda like on of those games you play while chatting with someone online.

unless we can get a game that is good enough that i will be skipping lunch because i am too busy playing a game then i am not going to be a big linux gamer. no fault to linux but i am just picky when it comes to games and i havent been excited by any of these really...
random guy
Advanced Hen

Postby Goatee » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:28

you tried bzflag lately?
Goatee
Sharecropper

Postby johnnyhay » Thu Nov 30, 2006 0:22

Cool, tank game, I'll check it out.
Screen shots.
Code: Select all
http://www.bzflag.at/screenshots.php

Authors website.
Code: Select all
http://www.bzflag.org/wiki/Download
johnnyhay
Technological Hen

Postby Darganot » Thu Dec 21, 2006 21:30

Tremulous was one of the few games I could get to work with kubuntu, but after getting it with kuroo my system locks up when I try to start the game. Anyone heard of this?
Darganot
Baby Hen

Postby Goatee » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:04

search the gentoo forums for it
Goatee
Sharecropper

Postby .:S1NGH:. » Thu Jan 04, 2007 19:05

What about Plane Shitft ? It's a nice RPG in the making. And the whole idea of putting more games is great, this can give new consumers a chance to see that linux can do anything and everything which windows can do. Although this satement does not stand entirely true today, it will be in the future!

The new consumer needs in Linux is mostly games for what i have seen, because most of them, atleast from my experience, happen to be Teenagers or people with a sense of gaming and would love it to be readily available on any LiNUX Distribution.

Perhaps, there could be an entirely differnet Distro of Sabayon, one based on The Gamer perspective and the other on the average LiNUX user - What we have right now ;)
.:S1NGH:.
Young Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions