Installation help

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Installation help

Postby Cyber_wolf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 21:18

Hi there

I'm a new user of Linux and don't know much about it. I am trying to install sabayon 5.4 gnome on my dell pc. I don't have any DVD's lying about so I downloaded the ISO and used unetbootin to make a bootable usb.

I can load up the liveusb fine but when I try to install it doesn't detect my internal hard drives (2 of them, I think they are in some kind of raid set-up), the only option that comes up is to install on the usb that I am booting from.

I checked in the disk utility and it see's my harddrives but the partitioning seems wrong. I've got 2 windows partitions and free space to install sabayon on. Gparted also seems confused about how my drives are partitioned as it just says it is all unallocated space.

Is there any kind of checks I can do to see what's going wrong? Should I try a different version or could it be something to do with me booting the live cd from usb?

Thanks
Cyber_wolf
Baby Hen

Re: Installation help

Postby joeoden » Fri Oct 15, 2010 22:56

Cyber_wolf wrote:Gparted also seems confused
Is there a yellow warning icon next to any of the partitions?
If yes then right click on the partition and select Check
If there is any errors on your windows partitions then they should be repaired using the windows tools
Desktop ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus, AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 5200, 4 Gb RAM, GeForce 9500 1GB
Notebook HP CQ61-311AX, AMD CPU M320, 4 Gb RAM, Radeon HD 4300 512 MB
Wireless AR9285, Audio ATI SBx00 (IDT 92hd75B2x5)
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
joeoden
Old Dear Hen

Location: Back in the 'swamp land' Moe, Australia 38°10′20″S 146°16′04″E

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**