Can't Boot Live CD

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Can't Boot Live CD

Postby Lentini » Mon Oct 04, 2010 0:59

Running Sabayon Linux 5.3 GNOME off of a Live CD at the moment. I've used Sabayon many times in the past and have never had issues. But now I'm trying to install it after being away from Linux for half a year or so, and am running into issues. I have three hdd's, two of them are in Raid 0 and the other is a 1TB that I just use for storage. I was going to make a partition on the 1TB and put Linux on there, so I unplugged the two hdd's that are in Raid so I wouldn't mess up the Windows MBR. I know this is an easy fix but I just wanted to save some time. I always unplug the hdd's that I'm not installing to so they don't interfere with each other. So I tried to boot the Live CD again with just the 1TB plugged in, but I just get a black screen after the menu that asks if you want to boot with music, without music, boot graphical installation, etc. Any ideas?
Lentini
Baby Hen

Re: Can't Boot Live CD

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:09

What's your GPU? Have you tried any kernel boot parameters? See the SL Wiki article Boot parameters and workarounds for problematic Hardware for some possible boot parameters to try. You press F5 at the LiveDVD boot menu and enter the parameter.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Can't Boot Live CD

Postby Lentini » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:10

I'm running a NVIDIA GTX295. I'm thinking it can't be that, since the only time I can't boot into the Live CD is when I unplug the two hdd's that are in raid. If I plug them in again, I can boot the Live CD fine. Haven't tried any boot parameters, I'll check that out now, thanks.
Lentini
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**