I have the DVD version.
I have emerged quake4-bin.
When I come to emerge quake4-data I get the following error.
* This package will need access to 4 cds.
* If you do not have the CDs, but have the data files
* mounted somewhere on your filesystem, just export
* the following variables so they point to the right place:
* CD_ROOT_1 CD_ROOT_2 CD_ROOT_3 CD_ROOT_4
* Or, if you have all the files in the same place, or
* you only have one cdrom, you can export CD_ROOT
* and that place will be used as the same data source
* for all the CDs.
* For example:
* export CD_ROOT_1=/mnt/cdrom
* Please insert+mount cd #1 for quake4-data now !
* Press return to scan for the cd again
* or hit CTRL+C to abort the emerge.
* If you are having trouble with the detection
* of your CD, it is possible that you do not have
* Joliet support enabled in your kernel. Please
* check that CONFIG_JOLIET is enabled in your kernel.