why i586?

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Postby cvill64 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:06

after you change your cflags recompile your system with # emerge -e system && emerge -e world

but you really don't need to do that as everything will eventually be upgraded with your new cflags :)
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby maddogmaddog » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:30

Are there any files that should be completed in a specific order, Or just let emerge -e system decide?
maddogmaddog
Young Hen

Postby Dio » Wed Nov 08, 2006 13:19

emerge -e system should take care of most of it. However, I have had problems in the past with emerge -e system during stage 1 and 2 gentoo installs. It was trying to emerge a couple packages before all the dependencies for those packages were installed. There are a couple of ways around this if it does happen, but a pretty convenient and safe way I found to deal with it was to keep a second terminal window open (or just use the main system console and a virtual terminal) while running emerge -e system and emerging the missing dependency in it when emerge -e system fails. after the missing dependency is installed just resume emerge -e system like so: emerge -e --resume system

you can also keep telling emerge to skip the package that's failing as long as that package isn't a dependency for something else and it's not super important to get the system running:

emerge -e --skipfirst system
Dio
Growing Hen

Postby cvill64 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 14:46

search the forum where I tell you how to use the || until ;)
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Previous

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion