No wireless connection

Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)

Moderator: Moderators

No wireless connection

Postby lintux » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:34

Hello, i have no wireless connection is mine wireless card sitecom 300 N supported, the card is regonised as an Ralink RT2800 and i don't know of this card is supported how do i get to work mine wireless. :?:
lintux
Baby Hen

Re: No wireless connection

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 22:29

Post the output of the commands lsusb and lsmod, run as the root user in a Konsole/Terminal window.

My guess is that you need to blacklist the RT2800 module as it's interfering with the module for your wireless adapter. You'll see what the module is called precisely in the output of lsmod. It'll probably be called something like rt2800usb. To blacklist a module you add a line to the file /etc/moprobe.d/blacklist as follows:

Code: Select all
blacklist rt2800usb

(or whatever the module is called) and then:

update-modules

Then look in /etc/modprobe.conf to see if the module is blacklisted and, if it is, reboot and use:

lsmod

to check that the module is not loaded this time.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: No wireless connection

Postby DanySK » Sat Aug 07, 2010 15:44

lintux wrote:Hello, i have no wireless connection is mine wireless card sitecom 300 N supported, the card is regonised as an Ralink RT2800 and i don't know of this card is supported how do i get to work mine wireless. :?:

I may have bad news... I have a TP-Link USB with the same chipset, no way to get it work. The device was recognized automatically and appeared in ifconfig, but no WLAN was found. It worked a bit with ndiswrapper, but the connection was randomly getting stuck forcing me to reboot.
DanySK
Technological Hen

Return to Networking and Wireless