btrfs

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

btrfs

Postby Trespasser » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:27

Hi,
I tried to install Sabayon 5.3 using the new btrfs filing system but ran into problems. I set /boot to ext2, / to btrfs, home to btrfs, and also set up a swap partition. After clicking on Write changes to disk I received an unhandled exception error message. I clicked on OK and then was kicked out of the install procedure.

Can someone explain the correct install procedure for setting up a btrfs filing system in Sabayon 5.3? Am I missing something here?

I tried to install on both a Lenovo T4200 laptop with a Pentium Dual Core processor (2.0 ghz), 2 gigs of ram and on a Sony VGN-S360 laptop with a 1.7 ghz Centrino Pentium M processor, 1 gig of ram, but the same result.

Thanks for any help on this matter.

Have a good day.

Later...
Trespasser
Baby Hen

Re: btrfs

Postby Darksurf » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:47

Ur, not the only one. There has been a lot of work done on the anaconda installer since the last release.

I've also had issues doing custom partitioning with just EXT4 partitions and a swap. I get the same issue you do.
You will need to post up what the error output is here in the forum for someone to do anything about it. I bypassed this issue yesterday letting the system automagically partition then edit the partition settings a little when it gave the chance.
~ Y </0 5+Up1</ P30p[Ez +Ry 2 R34</ D1s? ~
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Trespasser » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:33

Thanks, dude, for the reply. At least I'm not alone. Hopefully they get it sorted out soon and release a new, updated version. A pity. I was really excited to try out btrfs. Maybe next time.

Later....
Trespasser
Baby Hen

Postby alcalde » Thu Jun 24, 2010 17:06

I had problems with Anaconda and JFS as well. But have you tried using the liveDVD to format the partitions before the install? That should work.
alcalde
Simple Hen

Postby wolfden » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:45

should be providing the log file /tmp/anaconda.log and dmesg
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby axolos » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:34

This is great... Cannot post the report due to character restriction:

Your message contains 846932 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.
axolos
Baby Hen

Postby axolos » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:59

Prior to starting the installer, open the Konsole and log in as root (type in su and confirm without a password by pressing Enter), then type in: liveinst-update-quick

You have to be online to download the latest update for the Installer.

After that the Installer worked fine with me.
axolos
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**