Install fails [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Install fails [Solved]

Postby JohnKS » Wed May 12, 2010 22:48

Hi: AMD Athlon XII quad core. Trying to install Sabayon x64 KDE 5.2. Installation fails right after installer tries to partition HDD. Happens each time so no successful install yet. Log file attached. Would appreciate any insight. Live version installed fine.
installation failure.txt

Good wishes, John
JohnKS
Baby Hen

Re: Install fails

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed May 12, 2010 23:47

This has been seen before (5.5? [Solved]). I think it's a problem with the Anaconda installer. The solution is almost certainly to perform a manual partition of you HDD instead of letting the installer do it automatically.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Install fails [Solved]

Postby JohnKS » Thu May 13, 2010 17:12

Thanks for your reply. A manual partition allowed the install. Still, I wouldn't exactly say this is [solved] in that, at least in my case, the automatic partitioner option simply didn't work. However, I thank you for your help. It was good information. John
JohnKS
Baby Hen

Re: Install fails [Solved]

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Thu May 13, 2010 19:06

A new version of the Red Hat Anaconda installer is being ported to SL, so perhaps this particular problem is resolved in the new version.

You click on EDIT for your first post of the thread, not your last post, to add the "[Solved]" to the Subject. I'll do it for you this time.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**