Unable to login in Sabayon 5.2 amd64 K

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Unable to login in Sabayon 5.2 amd64 K

Postby SabayonHead » Sun May 09, 2010 1:23

DUDE... You just broke my computer!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

No, I'm just kiddin' :lol:

It WORKED!!!

I'd treat you to something if you were in the NYC area :mrgreen:

Seriously, i appreciate it 100x's over.

I wanted to put Sabayon into the machine awhile back but the Machine doesn't have a DVD reader so I was out of luck. Until the other day, I found Unetbootin and was in luck again.

Until that event with the lnusertmp crap and now you fixed that problem.

Mind you, That machine has a Broadcom chipset so I've done my hopping as well.

From Fedora ( not wifi ready ) to Suse ( nice and worked but I'm not crazy about the MS tie ) Ubuntu ( Great but it's Ubuntu ) all the way over to Zenwalk and Arch Linux ( holy crap this one needs brains to work :shock: )

Then when I learned about the "Rolling Release" way, I started to want that, so I messed with PCLOS ( but Mandriva sucks with my sound card, I fixed the problem but my mic gets disabled then ) and Sabayon ( couldn't use it... until now 8) ) And Sidux ( but this needed to be hooked up to Ethernet to enable the wifi... which is stupid to me when I hear that )

Now, as it stands, it showed 603 updates, I clicked upgrade all and it froze a bit ( hopefully that's all it does and not shut down :roll: )

I'll keep you posted.

About you listing the problems and fixes for distros, I always thought the same thing. I mark everything down as well.

The problem though with Distros having problems and fixes for distros, or even for their own is simply, they don't all apply or work the same for everyone.

For example, this problem never came to me until Sabayon.

With PCLOS & Mandriva, I only have a sound problem that even the Devs couldn't help me with.
With Ubuntu ( All Editions ) the Wifi Hardware is harder to enable now (Broadcom speaking) but other distros recognize it ( like this one )
XFCE distros tend to not play well with Broadcom at all, maybe even wifi all together lol

It would also defeat the purpose of this distro helping the problems of others ( I know, Linux is suppose to be a happy happy joy joy free community it seems, like Ubuntu has other peoples distros in their forum help section ) but when it comes down to it, you work on your distro to be the best :alien:

This was one long post lol Hopefully worth reading? :cyclops:
Thanks again man I appreciate it greatly...
SabayonHead
Young Hen

Postby SabayonHead » Sun May 09, 2010 2:30

O crap...

It got over 50% then the computer shut down.

Now after the startup, it goes black. Sabayon doesn't even come to the login screen now :evil:

Looks like I have to do this one more time and not put all updates to be updated but maybe half at a time?

There were 604 things to be updated.

I'm going to do it now, Post back if you think this will or won't work, I'll be checking...

The processor I have is an AMD2600+ if that makes a diff. to mention ( 1.5 Gig Of Ram ) :roll:
SabayonHead
Young Hen

Postby alcalde » Sun May 09, 2010 2:48

Do you have another operating system on there or any way to run a memory check program to see if there's a faulty memory module? Does it reboot or just shut down?

My guesses would be in order, bad memory module, loose heatsink or bad fan leading to system overheat, power supply, motherboard.
alcalde
Simple Hen

Postby SabayonHead » Sun May 09, 2010 2:56

alcalde wrote:Do you have another operating system on there or any way to run a memory check program to see if there's a faulty memory module? Does it reboot or just shut down?

My guesses would be in order, bad memory module, loose heatsink or bad fan leading to system overheat, power supply, motherboard.

Nope, just shuts down :evil:

Yea, I would say the same thing if this problem happened with other distros as well, but it hasn't

The comp is also pretty clean :?

I'm at the login again, I'm going to private message you and let you know what happens, the subject is now going into other territory :lol:
SabayonHead
Young Hen

Previous

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**