Install 5.2 Core ...

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Install 5.2 Core ...

Postby ShakeyBritches » Wed Apr 21, 2010 21:08

I've searched the wiki and this forum, but am still confused.

I need to find the command to launch the installer for the 5.2 core version. I'm not affraid of the command line, but I cannot find what I'm looking for.

Thanks in avance for the help.
ShakeyBritches
Baby Hen

Re: Install 5.2 Core ...

Postby throdon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 22:48

From your post I don't believe you know what the core DVD is. It DOES NOT install X it DOES not install a desktop or a window manager. It is essentially a Gentoo stage 3 install. It is also recommended for the advanced user and most advanced users would all ready understand this. As this is your first post I would recommend downloading the 5.2G or the 5.2K DVD so you know what you are getting into. the beginners forum where the "resources for you" thread is a good start.
Troll hunter with an overzealous nature
throdon
Advanced Hen

Postby wolfden » Wed Apr 21, 2010 23:20

doesn't it tell you after it's booted "to run the installation type: installer and press enter" ?

http://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title ... ur:_CoreCD
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby ShakeyBritches » Thu Apr 22, 2010 13:39

Thanks for your replies. I must appologize, as I got my wires crossed. I downloaded and installed from the Gnome CD and am extremely pleased. I love the way everything is set up.
ShakeyBritches
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**