Sabayon speed (and sabayon vs other distros) and speed poll

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Which of the following distros is faster?

Sabayon
60%
Ubuntu
10%
Zenwalk
25%
Kate OS
No votes
SUSE
No votes
Fedora
5%

Total votes : 20

Postby random guy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 16:12

PS: why don't YOU try to make an application to easily configure boot hw detection?

i would if i knew more programming. my knowledge of programming is only thing that is preventing me from doing it. hopefully i can learn more next semester.

PS2: sry for my probably bad english & I didn't want to attack anyone personally

perfect english :)

you can't really appreciate adavantages or the "problems" of a linux distribution if you don't try it ...

i have tried them all except zenwalk. ya he should try several of them but if we said that one had problems or wasnt that great then he would know what ones to not bother with or maybe we would suggest other ones that a begginer would try.

this forum I think is not the right place where someone can make a comparison between more distros ..

you said: maybe some programmer will look at this thread and think "hey i should make an app that helps make configureing the detection of devices at boot etc. easier to configure and make linux better"

i agree completely that that is the aim of this forum and it is a great one but does that mean we cant ever be off topic about something. i mean he wanted some information and wasnt critical or anything. i dont see any harm in asking an completely off topic question so long as it is in hte off-the-wall forum which this isnt but had this been in the off the wall forum it would be acceptable i think. i mean we can post jokes on hte general chat section of the forum but we cant ask for general linux information?
random guy
Advanced Hen

Postby ajez » Fri Oct 27, 2006 16:24

random guy wrote:i agree completely that that is the aim of this forum and it is a great one but does that mean we cant ever be off topic about something. i mean he wanted some information and wasnt critical or anything. i dont see any harm in asking an completely off topic question so long as it is in hte off-the-wall forum which this isnt but had this been in the off the wall forum it would be acceptable i think. i mean we can post jokes on hte general chat section of the forum but we cant ask for general linux information?

I think offtopic section is better for those threads .. anyway .. I think that isn't a good think going to mercedes asking what car is the best between mercedes, bmw, ferrari etc. :D
they'll not be objective
ajez
The Blamed One

Postby random guy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 17:36

i am not saying that sabayon is slower than the others, actually i think sabayon is the fastest i have used because i hav been compiling from source. but i just think that we shouldnt be upset if someone is looking for constructive criticism because no one is trying to be mean or wants to upset anyone. even though sabayon is really good it may not be for everyone, i dont think there can ever be just one distro that everyone uses because people want different things. no same in talking about what those different things are.
random guy
Advanced Hen

Postby lxnay » Fri Oct 27, 2006 20:21

Well, when we'll setup our binary packages repository.......... :twisted:
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby konstk » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:28

lxnay wrote:Well, when we'll setup our binary packages repository.......... :twisted:

That'll be great! When are you setting those up, any ETA?
konstk
Simple Hen

Previous

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion