how to install a windows manager, and how to install a deb??

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

how to install a windows manager, and how to install a deb??

Postby therevengeofgdr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 19:43

hi everybody, that's my first day with this os on my pc, and i found some problems, like installing updates, opening sulfur, and more than other things:
.i red that it was possible to install others interfaces, but now i don't know hot to do
.i wanted to configure compiz by myself but it doesn't read my customizations
.i wanted to install opera browser, but i was not able to install each format (.deb, .tar.bz2, .tbz2), because of some errors..

i hope you could help me..
you can write in italian too, if you prefer it
thanks everybody
Joseph
therevengeofgdr
Baby Hen

Re: how to install a windows manager, and how to install a deb??

Postby _cnfss_ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 19:58

First thing you should do:

Check this:
Fresh_Install_-_What_to_do and Resources For You

There is a lot of info over there...

Besides it's not recommended to use .deb, .tar, etc... only equo/sulfur for installing.

And another command, maybe the first you should use ever:

#equo update && equo install equo sulfur entropy

;)

-> interfaces by entropy install
-> compiz, I don't use it, but search around the 2nd thead I've post in this message.
-> again, use "equo install opera" or sulfur (GUI), try to not no use extra packages, if you want testing software, search around "how to use limbo repos"; or you can try find it in portage (find info of updating and syncing emerge and layman before installing anything)

After that, you should not have any problem, but came here again if you need it ;)

PS: I'm sorry, but I don't speak Italian :) Maybe Spanish if it's better for you :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
"Sólo dos cosas son infinitas, el universo y la estupidez humana, y no estoy seguro acerca de la primera."
- Albert Einstein
_cnfss_
Growing Hen

Re: how to install a windows manager, and how to install a deb??

Postby wolfden » Wed Feb 24, 2010 0:43

This section of the forum is English section, if you want Italian, please use the Italian Shed
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area