Something Seriously Went Wrong

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Something Seriously Went Wrong

Postby Faun » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:58

I Love Sabayon 4.2. After updating my system in Sulfur- everything suggested (over 1000MB), I restarted my system and,( if anyone can do it on a linux system- I could), I actually got the blue screen of death! I noticed before I restarted... when on scroogle, ( a non detectable google- firefox add on search engine), that the jabber server said it could not connect. Then my wlan interface went down even after reconfiguring the wireless connection in the network management. I thought I merged these settings with the update, but guess not. So I restarted the system with the blue screen of death staring at me in the face. I tried running in safe mode but I don't know enough about the command line and bash to get things back up running in safe mode. So please, any help in getting my Sabayon back up and running is much appreciated. TIA
Faun
Baby Hen

Re: Something Seriously Went Wrong

Postby Faun » Tue Feb 02, 2010 21:20

OK, so I'm posting a reply on my own situation, but if will help anyone else, I don't mind being shamefaced once more. I don't even know what blue screen of death really is, however, I was in text only mode and nothing came up because I did not remove the extents in the ets/fstab file when upgrading kernels and drivers to .29 & subsequently inadvertently, Deleted the previous kernel . So, I Installed 5.1 with new kernel. Network management gave me issues, so I deleted it as written on someone's former post and just relied on wicd. Wow! I'm on! I think it was throdon to thank or fitzcarraldo. Anyway I learned I need to read up on everything, get used to the command line and hang tough with sabayon, because I just love it and didn't want to give up on it.
Faun
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area