Icon theme issues [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Icon theme issues [Solved]

Postby henrik » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30

Hi everyone, been using ubuntu for a while but I'm new to sabayon and kde. Been trying to change the icon theme but it seems that the folder icons wont change (all other icons change). No matter which theme I use, the icon used for folders are taken from the oxygen theme. Thankful for tips.
henrik
Baby Hen

Re: Icon theme issues

Postby Thev00d00 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:18

Works here, Make sure you are using a kde4 or freedesktop.org compliant icon theme :D
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me
Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Postby henrik » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:51

As far as I know they are kde4 compliant, I downloaded them from kde-look.org and all icons work I think except for the folder icon. Also when I try to install new themes via gethotnewstuff in icon settings, nothing happens when I click install. Either the progress bar fills up and it seems to work but it doesnt, or nothing happens at all.
henrik
Baby Hen

Postby amoebios » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:18

1. Could You post the links (or the names) for the iconsets you downloaded? That way we could see if it's a problem on Your side, or if it's a problem with the icon sets.

2. KDE-Look.org has restrictions on file upload size, so artists have to host elsewhere when their files are bigger than the allowed size. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, if the artist provided a hotlink to the file. The problem is that most of the free file-hosting services don't allow direct linking (hotlinking) and downloaders have to visit their page to get the file. The "Get Hot New Stuff" feature only works, if a hotlink is provided, that's why some of the wallpapers, themes or, especially iconsets can't be downloaded with GetHotNewStuff.
amoebios
Growing Hen

Postby henrik » Fri Jan 08, 2010 13:02

henrik
Baby Hen

Postby Thev00d00 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 13:21

A) This is "kde3.x icon theme" - Not kde4 compatable perhaps?
B) "You MUST run buildset for generating the icon-theme" - Need todo that before installing.

Thev00d00 wrote:Make sure you are using a kde4 or freedesktop.org compliant icon theme :D
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me
Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Postby henrik » Fri Jan 08, 2010 16:02

OHHHH, maybe I should look more carefully before downloading =)
3.x probably has something to do with the fact that it is not working. BTW, what is buildset?
henrik
Baby Hen

Postby henrik » Fri Jan 08, 2010 16:04

NM, figured it out. Thanks for the help.
henrik
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area