Nautilus keeps trying to startup

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Nautilus keeps trying to startup

Postby jcgg » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08

I am using Sabayon Gnome 5.1 64 bit. After logging in Nautilus continually tries to startup. So down in the lower panel I have many windows displaying the application "File Manager" and the number of windows just keep on growing. Doing a ps - aux Nautilus keeps showing a different PID. When i remove Nautilus the problem goes away. When I install Nautilus using Sulfur, Nautilus behaves until I reboot the computer and the problem begins again.

Also, my Desktop does not display any icons and when I try to drop icons on the Desktop the Desktop just drops them as if they are disappearing. Oh one more item, I lost my Appearance application in the Preferences toolbar. Appearance does not even show up in the menu editor.

Any help would be appreciated because I frequently access my Windows partitions from Sabayon.
jcgg
Young Hen

Re: Nautilus keeps trying to startup

Postby Thev00d00 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 13:01

Your system is obviously having issues, I would:

Code: Select all
equo update
equo install entropy equo sulfur
equo install gnome-light
equo world
equo deptest
equo libtest
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me
Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Re: Nautilus keeps trying to startup

Postby jcgg » Thu Dec 31, 2009 23:52

Well thank you for the suggestion. I followed your instructions. Unfortunately Nautilus still causes the same problem so I removed it. I still can't place anything on the desktop. As much as I like this distro it has way to many issues for me to deal with. So bye bye Sabayon.
jcgg
Young Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area