Baires - anyone can help translating?

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Baires - anyone can help translating?

Postby beli0135 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 13:08

Hi

I have made small Qt4 application - batch image resizer, which entered in repos for openSUSE and Fedora. Currently is translated (besides English) to, German, Serbian and Portuguese.

I'd like if anyone can help translate it to Italian, French, Dutch and any other language that you speak.

It is very small amount to translate. Application consists of 35 letters and phrases in total. Also, there is one small HTML help file.

Anyone interested?

You can find application at http://www.beli.ws/apps/baires/

P.S. if you accept, please don't do it immediately at source code, let me send you what to translate (to keep track of language code).
beli0135
Simple Hen

Re: Baires - anyone can help translating?

Postby amoebios » Mon Dec 28, 2009 14:12

I speak German and Polish and would be interested.
amoebios
Growing Hen

Postby micia » Mon Dec 28, 2009 15:52

I could translate it in Italian, I would be interested too.
micia
Sagely Hen

Postby beli0135 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:54

Yes, yes...
Italian and Polish...

please download: http://www.beli.ws/apps/baires/translate.tar.gz

send me back to beli0135 [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks... dont forget to write your full name so I can include in "About" page...
also, tell me how is "Italian" and "Polish" in the languages respectively..
(for german, I wrote "Deutsch: NAME of Translator")
beli0135
Simple Hen

Postby DHalens » Thu Jan 07, 2010 0:53

I have some questions about the program. I haven't test it to see if it should actually be the way it is or not.
- "Destination directory empty or does not exists" -> does it really matter if destination directory is empty?
- Makefile should not be there imo. I don't know what is the proper way but I know other distros have qmake-qt4 while Sabayon just has qmake. I guess a configure script is needed but dunno how to detect the proper qmake bin...
- baires.pro.user should not be there. A quick look shows that the devel home directory is /home/ebeli and who knows what other info nobody cares.
- Seems there are other garbage files around.
- After some cleanup, I manage to have only these files. Files inside documentation, icons, snapshots are omitted (qmake && make is all it's needed to compile again).
Code: Select all
baires.desktop  CHANGELOG   config.h   documentation  LICENSE   mainwindow.cpp  mainwindow.ui  translation.cpp
baires.pro      config.cpp  config.ui  icons          main.cpp  mainwindow.h    snapshots

- The way translations are used seems not the right one (may I say it looks to me like some visual * translating trick? :D ). Seems http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.5/i18n.html has some hints about how it should be.
- Some buttons are always used in english (ok, cancel).
- Related to previous seems to be the fact that the dialog to choose directory is in english no matter what language you're using.
- Seems some labels are not auto-resizeable (see config, custom size in portuguese for example).
- Spanish translation is in progress, give me a day or two...

Enjoy the todo you have. :P

PS: lxnay will probably smile with this post as it's quite similar to my bug reports. :mrgreen:
Former Sabayon staff (retired).
For any personal questions or whatever, contact me trough my G+ profile
DHalens
Old Dear Hen

Return to Off Topic