Problem with clock sabayon 5.0 X64 KDE [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Problem with clock sabayon 5.0 X64 KDE [Solved]

Postby adincson » Wed Dec 16, 2009 23:06

Hi, I had read all the wiki searching the problem about the clock, digital clock without sucess, but this is delayed 6 hours, I've tried to change this from the preference menu, but this doesn't change.

I must be use bogotá time zone and a weird case happen, the XBMC show the correct hour, but the digital clock shows wrong hour.

Any help with this problem?.

System:
Sabayon 5.0 X64 KDE (installed from the LiveDVD)

Machine:
Amd turion x2
2GB DDR2 (Ram)
Nvidia Gforce 7150

Cheers
Last edited by adincson on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:44, edited 2 times in total.
adincson
Baby Hen

Re: Problem with clock sabayon 5.0 X64 KDE

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 23:28

Please read carefully the SL Wiki article: HOWTO: Clock, Time, UTC, Dual boot with Windows and perform the steps specified in it.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Problem with clock sabayon 5.0 X64 KDE

Postby adincson » Thu Dec 17, 2009 22:28

Hi, thanks for the answer, but I did all that and another script from the forum without success, but I have a solution for this problem, installing and configuring NTP, this is a great tool.

Just open Sulfur, on Available, search "ntp", install the pack from the section "net-misc" that is call "ntp-4.2.4_p7" or a new version of it. Next got to terminal like root and type:

Code: Select all
>/etc/init.d/ntp-client start

and wait for the final message "*Setting clock via the NTP client 'update'... [ok]", so that all!!
if you want to modify the server just go to Time and Date app, Alt+F2 type date and select Time and date, there you can select your region. I'm get the correct hour for my region below this, so... thanks for the help.

This I found from

http://linuxbsdos.com/2009/11/02/how-to-install-and-configure-ntp-on-sabayon-5/

Cheers from Colombia-South America.!!!
adincson
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area