ipkungfu start at bootup SB5.0/KDE [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

ipkungfu start at bootup SB5.0/KDE [Solved]

Postby lestoil81 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 18:56

I connect to internet via ethernet cable to Netgear/router to dsl/modem. Don't use Samba or SSH. SB5 NetworkManager/or WICD connects easily to internet. Iptables and ipset3.0 are installed. Arno-iptables-script too but I can't figure it out. Ditto shorewall--can't figure it out. Familiar with Guarddog(needs kde3libs) and the FW in CentOS and Mandriva10. Anyone have experience with ipkungfu?
Just installed ipkungfu firewall and edited /etc/ipkungfu.conf according to the included guide.
# ipkungfu shows "integrity check PASSED; MD5SUM config OK; Restoring /proc settings from cache OK; and Restoring iptable rules from cache OK".
Ran # locate for ipkungfu README file(told to read it) but can't find it. Only find Changelog and Manifest.
Now that #ipkungfu PASSED am I correct in using /etc/init.d/ipkungfu script and adding it to rc-update default so it runs after bootup?
Thx for your kind consideration:)
lestoil81
Young Hen

Re: ipkungfu start at bootup SB5.0/KDE

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 23:32

If you can't find the README file on your HDD then it's on the IPKungFu Web site: http://ipkungfu.ufsoft.org/browser/trunk/README
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby lestoil81 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 18:08

Thx fritz for reply.
Still need to know how to get ipkunfu to start at boot. It is working and passed test. Thx.
lestoil81
Young Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Thu Nov 26, 2009 18:25

Well, looking at the README it says you start IPKungFu by using the command:

Code: Select all
/etc/init.d/ipkungfu start

so, yes, go ahead and add it to the default runlevel and it will be started automatically at boot:

Code: Select all
rc-update add ipkungfu default
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby lestoil81 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 18:25

Thx fritz again.
I had read install guide: #ipkungfu starts it. Just wanted to be sure about the # rc-update step.
Thx again:)
lestoil81
Young Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 18:27

Glad to have helped. Can you click on the EDIT button in your first post please and append " [Solved]" to the end of the Subject line. Ta.

EDIT: (29.11.09 19:08) No sign of that " [Solved]" from the OP. Oh well, I'll do it myself.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area