Help with packages [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Help with packages [Solved]

Postby warbltux » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:11

Hi guys, I'd like to ask for some help regarding package management with equo, and some updates.

After I installed Sabayon, I noticed netcat was not installed. I attempted to install with:

equo install equo install net-analyzer/netcat6-1.0-r2

Equo says "Packages needing to be installed/updated/downgraded: 222"

Because of that, the installation took forever so I stopped it, yeah, stupid me :roll:

Used space on my hdd has increased by a gig on my hdd, despite nothing being installed, I'm thinking that this is due to the all the fetched packages so I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to remove them. Whenever I try to install something, theres always like 100 additional dependencies that need to be installed, and I am alarmed that sulfur indicates that there are 477 updates available for me, so I am feeling quite clueless.
Last edited by warbltux on Sun Nov 22, 2009 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
warbltux
Young Hen

Re: Help with packages

Postby dunsurfin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 18:15

I'm afraid that, having started, you really have no choice but to continue or wait until 5.1 is released and install that. Probably your best bet is this:
Code: Select all
 equo world --resume --ask
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Re: Help with packages

Postby warbltux » Sun Nov 22, 2009 19:39

Thank you very much for the advice! :D
warbltux
Young Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area