If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM
I've just installed sabayon 5 with kde and:
-I've tried to launch sulfur for updating the system and...I have 3000Mb of updates!!!is it normal??
-fonts in firefox are not so nice...quite thin and hard to read...suggestions?
-my hard disk is always active...why? I've booted in sabayon since 10 minutes and it has never stopped...if I give a top I have just a couple of minor processes active..
- Baby Hen
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 23:19
- 5.0 has had a lot of changes since release, very active packaging system, so yes it can be, but remember when done you will actually be at 5.1 version
- change fonts in prefs
- sounds like indexing or something going on
- Posts: 9051
- Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 0:55
- Location: Midwest USA
It might be worth turning off "Desktop Search". "System Settings", "Advanced", "Desktop Search".
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer
Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
- Sagely Hen
- Posts: 1333
- Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 21:38
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Return to Beginners|Newbies Area
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest