Sabayon 5.0 boot problems

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Sabayon 5.0 boot problems

Postby arashiko28 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:05

Hello, I'm new around here...
I've recently downloaded the Sabayon DVD 5.0 gnome 64-bit and after burning it tried to run live CD. One on media center and while testing it froze and rebooted and the second one I just chose Sabayon 5.0 and while loading did the same thing, no error message, nothing, I was watching the advance on verbose mode.

Any Ideas? suggestions?

My computer is a laptop:
Lenovo Ideapad Y530,
Intel Centrino Core 2 duo @ 2 GHz
3GB RAM DDR3
Intel Integrated Graphics X4500
arashiko28
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon 5.0 boot problems

Postby arashiko28 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:55

I kept trying, It got to load until a blue screen shows with a wrist watch and then some kernel panic, caps lock and num lock lights start to flash and freezes. Other times, just reboot while still loading live CD.
arashiko28
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:24

wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby arashiko28 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 0:39

Is there a way I can check DVD integrity? Must be something wrong, I actually managed one out of 10 attempts to successfully half load, I say half because in less than 15 minutes the live CD session crashed. I used a couple of the cheats, no good either, all I know is that while loading num lock led goes on and if I don't turn it off ASAP it freezes, if music is playing it sounds as a scratched disc... I liked what I saw, but how I'm supposed to install it? I don't want to whipe my entire disc, I have partition where I want to install it. Sorry if I'm too annoying... :oops: It's just that this is the sort of things I rarely find myself into what it looks like a no exit situation.
arashiko28
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:34

wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby obnascar » Wed Nov 18, 2009 14:22

arashiko28 wrote:Is there a way I can check DVD integrity? Must be something wrong,

Make sure you burn the iso at the slowest possible speed after you have checked the MD5sum.

Are you using DVD-R's or DVD-RW's ? I personally have found over many years of trails and errors that DVD-R's are good for data but DVD-RW's are far superior for burning iso's.
"I haven't lost my mind, it is backed up on disk somewhere"
obnascar
Simple Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area