canon ip1000 printer driver for sabayon 4.2?

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

canon ip1000 printer driver for sabayon 4.2?

Postby cccam771 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 16:56

anyone know where to find the driver for a cannon ip1000 printer and how to install it !any help greatly appreciated... :alien:
cccam771
Baby Hen

Re: canon ip1000 printer driver for sabayon 4.2?

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 17:34

Could be tricky. If it had been one of the Canon models listed in the SL Forum post Re: Canon PIXMA 500 (and similar printers) someone could have helped you. Also there are a bunch of ebuilds in the Gentoo Bugzilla for the cnijfilter package (different versions of cnijfilter are for different Canon printers, to complicate matters).

Googling throws up RPM packages for the ip1000: http://files.alfansa.org/ so I suppose you could cross your fingers and try to install the RPM package, although as RPM is not Gentoo/SL's package management system then there is no guarantee it will work. Anyway, if you want to try, see my post on installing the RPM package JAOLT (Re: Installing JAOLT) for an example of how to do this.

You'll need to install the emul-linux-x86-bjdeps package first -- as described in my first post referenced above -- if you're using 64-bit SL.

Good luck!
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area