Bluetooth Help.

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Bluetooth Help.

Postby cabagekiller » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:14

I am trying to use my mouse with a new sabayon 5 install. It connects to the bluetooth program, but it doesn't ask for a pin. So the mouse does not work at all. Can anyone offer suggestions? I have tried everything I can.
cabagekiller
Baby Hen

Re: Bluetooth Help.

Postby onlyoneskwalla » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05

Can't test on sabayon but make sure bluez is installed and up to date. maybe the bluez-gnome applet will help you accomplish your goal, doesnt seem to be a native package for kde(maybe built in)
onlyoneskwalla
Advanced Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 17:51

cabagekiller, you need to give more information when you ask for help. For example, are you using the GNOME edition or the KDE edition of SL, are you using SL 5.0, have you upgraded it on-line using 'equo world'', what is your hardware?

Anyway, if you are using GNOME, have you installed the Blueman package? If you are using KDE, have a look at the thread Bluetooth working properly (again) in KDE 4, although Bluetooth support in KDE 4 is still flakey and even that may not help in your case.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby cabagekiller » Thu Nov 12, 2009 14:05

I have an intel wifi 5100 agn for my bluetooth and a microsoft notebook mouse 5000. I downloaded blueman and have the bluetooth feature, but it still doesnt allow me to enter in the pin I need for it to work
cabagekiller
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area