Surround Sound on ALC888

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Surround Sound on ALC888

Postby xARxJabala » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:12

I am very very new to linux so please, be nice. (:
I am having serious issues with my surround sound right now. I am using the ALC888 sound card. I am on a nvidia chipset. The surround sound worked perfectly on my vista, but I wanted to change over to linux. My distro is Ubuntu 9.10.

The way that windows set it up for me with the realtek GUI is that it redirected the line in ports to be an out port for my rear sound, then the mic in port to be center/sub and the regular sound out port was for the front right and left speakers.
I have tried everything i could find on any forum everywhere and I still cant figure it out.
It recognizes the 5.1 surround sound, but dont play out anything out of any speakers except for front left, right and the sub.
If you need anymore info about anything I have setup, let me know.
Will check back periodically.
Thanks in advance.
xARxJabala
Baby Hen

Re: Surround Sound on ALC888

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:55

xARxJabala wrote:My distro is Ubuntu 9.10.

If you are using Ubuntu 9.10 then you should post your question on the Ubuntu forums, not the Sabayon Linux forums. They will be able to help you better, as Sabayon Linux is a different distribution to Ubuntu Linux.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area