KDE questions [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

KDE questions [Solved]

Postby babujbf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:46

Hey guys Ive been back and forth between windows and linux. And after the blue screen my windows xp OS gave me yesterday, I switched back to linux. However I decided to try KDE instead of Gnome, Ive always been a Gnome fan for the year or so Ive been using linux.

But the thing is there are some apps that I don't know if they work with KDE and they might be a deal breaker. Only two apps really... Pidgin and Gimp, Brasero would be good too but I will live with K3B. Is there anyway to get Gimp and Pidgin working with KDE? I haven't tried to install them myself yet. But I googled it and it sounds like its a no go. Also I need a program or programs to burn M4V video files to DVD so I can play them on a regular dvd player. How can I do that?

Thanks guys.
babujbf
Young Hen

Re: KDE questions

Postby dunsurfin » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:46

Both pidgin and gimp will install without any problem on a KDE system. I assume you are using a recent Sabayon so either use Sulfur or the equo command to install them using entropy. There will be some gnome dependencies that will installed as well.
I'm afraid I can't answer your M4V question.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Re: KDE questions

Postby babujbf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 23:00

Thanks, yeah they worked fine.
babujbf
Young Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area