Updating Wine

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Updating Wine

Postby warriorofchaos20 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 22:32

hey guys, so i have no idea what i'm really doing but i want to update wine. i currently have 1.1.23. please make ideas as clear as possible. i check sulfur and it says wine is up to date but the wine website says that you can reach like 1.1.31 right now. any suggestions would be most helpful. thank you.
warriorofchaos20
Young Hen

Re: Updating Wine

Postby Stupot » Mon Oct 12, 2009 23:06

You are still on branch 4.

If you want to be able to get the latest versions of packages, you'll need to make the jump the entropy branch 5 (or install from Sabayon 5.0, which starts on branch 5).

The latest wine in branch 5 is 1.1.29 at the moment.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby dave_p_b » Tue Oct 13, 2009 20:19

Hi. Another method is to use portage. Open up a konsole. Type su and enter root password. (you should make sure your portage is up to date by typing emerge --sync) Then type emerge wine. This should install the latest version in portage. It is alot slower doing it this way then using equo however. Cheers dave.
dave_p_b
Old Dear Hen

Postby dummyhead3 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:45

dave_p_b wrote:Hi. Another method is to use portage. Open up a konsole. Type su and enter root password. (you should make sure your portage is up to date by typing emerge --sync) Then type emerge wine. This should install the latest version in portage. It is alot slower doing it this way then using equo however. Cheers dave.

I wouldn't reccoment mixing Portage and Entropy.
dummyhead3
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area