Couple of things

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Couple of things

Postby warriorofchaos20 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 0:40

hey guys, really quickly i have 2 problems

1) for some reason my speakers won't work after i reinstalled Sabayon 4(i think .2) any suggestions? i've messed with like all the volume controls)

2) why is Sabayon 5 only 1.7 or 1.9 GB and when i go to install it it says i'm missing a file and then the rest of the install is messed up.
warriorofchaos20
Young Hen

Re: Couple of things

Postby XaresAssassin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:04

If you are using kde, go to kmix and look for configure channels, checkmark speakers and make sure the volume is up. It might be similar to the sound system for gnome.
XaresAssassin
Baby Hen

Postby micia » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:34

You could also use, as root:
Code: Select all
alsaconf

and let it configure your sound card, if it does not work, provide your sound card model; maybe
someone managed to set it up.

About the second issue, did you check that you burnt a good copy of the LiveDVD?
http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Checking_the_integrity_of_a_LiveCD_or_LiveDVD
micia
Sagely Hen

Postby warriorofchaos20 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:32

thank you. my sound is working but i tried checking the CD via the wiki you posted but i follow their instructions and during the second command it just starts showing random symbols and my comp starts beeping and then i close it cuz it freaks me out. lol.
warriorofchaos20
Young Hen

Postby micia » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:40

Really? Which command have you executed?

Try to check the CD/DVD using:
Code: Select all
sabayon-live-check

and see if it does the same (it is a relatively new command that is still not documented in the wiki).
micia
Sagely Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area