mini-review

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Postby ewiget » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:12

smooth wrote:As a regular gentoo-er (and not sabayan user yet--just checking it out right now), I'd be interested in seeing that /etc/make.conf. If you wouldn't mind posting it...anyway, I use a dvr-500 and ivtv, which is basically two 150's so maybe I can give you some help. let me know.

here is the make.conf file - http://www.edwiget.name/files/make.conf.txt
Its default file, I havent changed anything about it.

I got the tuner card worked out, was simply a matter of emerging the correct ebuild, firmware, etc. The wiki for the 500 works perfect for the 150. I had to change some permissions of the /dev/video* files to get everything to work.
ewiget
Simple Hen

Postby ewiget » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:25

cvill64 wrote:never do an emerge world unless you know what you're doing !

yea, I love to break things and since I am currently unemployed I have plenty of free time on my hands so Im sure it wont be long before I do.....rotfl - least you can say, "dude, I told you so...." But I figure, it only took an hour to install, so if I back up my home directory...what have I got to lose?
ewiget
Simple Hen

Postby cvill64 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:15

set your /home to a different partition and you an hose your / all you want in pursuit of knowledge ;)
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Previous

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion