How to remove dependent packages with equo [SOLVED]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

How to remove dependent packages with equo [SOLVED]

Postby sproot » Tue Sep 29, 2009 20:55

Hopefully this is simple (for someone), it's late and my brain has given up for the day:

I installed kaudiocreator and it pulled in 5 or 6 dependencies, but I didn't make a note of what.
It doesn't work for me so I'm going to remove it, but I want to remove the packages that were pulled in with it.

In *buntu (all I'm familiar with) it would be 'apt-get autoremove', is there an equo equivalent?

TIA
Last edited by sproot on Mon Oct 05, 2009 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
sproot
Simple Hen

Re: How to remove dependent packages with equo

Postby dunsurfin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 21:25

If you look at /var/log/entropy/equo.log you should be able to find what the packages were.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby sproot » Tue Sep 29, 2009 21:27

I solved my problem - I removed kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.10-r5 which also removed the other 5 progs that had been installed including kaudiocreator.

I'd still be interested in the answer to the original question though, I found what I needed by digging through Sulfur, there must be a better way :scratch:
sproot
Simple Hen

Postby sproot » Tue Sep 29, 2009 21:30

dunsurfin wrote:If you look at /var/log/entropy/equo.log you should be able to find what the packages were.

Ha! Cross posted, still very interesting though - it was all there so at least I know I got them all :twisted:

Cheers :thumleft:
sproot
Simple Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area