Wireless TV Link

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Wireless TV Link

Postby joeoden » Sun Aug 30, 2009 15:29

This maybe of interest to some

I recently purchased a Wireless TV Link so I could control the satellite TV box from a different room
I connected the sender to the satellite box and connected the receiver to a TV in another room, works well

The next day I fired up my notebook and my wireless network couldn't find my router WTF, better check the routers configuration with my desktop system I browsed to the router and it just time out, switched the router off then back on, still no different

Oh that's right I put that Wireless TV Link in last night but I did make sure it wasn't on the same wireless channel as anyone in the neighborhood, so I switched the sender off and my notebook wireless connection worked, what's the good of a TV Link if it interferes with my wireless computer when I have the TV Link switched on

My router is set to channel 6 and does not see the Wireless TV Link
The Wireless TV Link was set to channel 4 (only has 4 channels)
I set the sender and receiver of the TV Link to channel 3 = my computer still no connect
I set the sender and receiver of the TV Link to channel 2 = my computer connect to unsecured only and see others
I set the sender and receiver of the TV Link to channel 1 = my computer connect to my network can not see others

Have left it on channel 1, I don't know if any one in the neighborhood is having wireless connection problems while the Wireless TV Link is switch on looks like I will have to go around and ask them
Desktop ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus, AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 5200, 4 Gb RAM, GeForce 9500 1GB
Notebook HP CQ61-311AX, AMD CPU M320, 4 Gb RAM, Radeon HD 4300 512 MB
Wireless AR9285, Audio ATI SBx00 (IDT 92hd75B2x5)
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
joeoden
Old Dear Hen

Location: Back in the 'swamp land' Moe, Australia 38°10′20″S 146°16′04″E

Return to Off Topic